“A Weekend with Ed Bearss: A Living Legend”
Meet Ed Bearss and learn about his first-hand experiences in WWII and lifelong study of the Civil War
April 4-6, 2014
- Friday lectures about Ed’s WWII wounding and salvage of the U.S.S. Cairo
- Friday also includes lectures and discussion featuring Terry Winschel, Richard Sommers, Dennis Frye, Marti Gane and others
- Saturday bus tour to Gettysburg and Antietam with the master battlefield tramper. In the morning Ed will take us on the final attack trail at Antietam, following in the footsteps of Burnside’s command. In the afternoon Ed will lead us on a hike of McPherson’s Ridge at Gettysburg. There we will follow the attack of Archer and the Union defense of Buford and Reynold’s.
- Mingle Saturday evening with Ed at our special dinner reception
- Sunday join a well known National Park Service Historian, Dennis Frye, as he shares his 30 years of insights with Ed Bearss
- “Me and LBJ” Ed’s interviews with President Lyndon B. Johnson
- Special lodging rates offered by Hampton Inn of Chambersburg.
“Wilderness and Spotsylvania with Robert K. Krick”
Join Robert K. Krick as we retrace the steps of Grant and Lee.
May 16-18, 2014
- Friday includes lectures by Robert K. Krick, Greg Mertz, and others including Krick’s “The Forlorn Confederate Search for Another Jackson: Five Dozen New Generals.”
- Saturday and Sunday bus tours of the wilderness and Spotsylvania battlefield including Saunders Field, Widow Tapp’s, where “Lee to the rear” incident took place, Mule Shoe salient and Bloody Angle.
“Terror on the Border: Summer 1864″
Featuring Ed Bearss, Jeffry Wert, Richard Sommers, Eric Wittenberg and Ted Alexander for this action-packed seminar.
July 23-27, 2014
- Wednesday includes an optional tour of Jubal Early and the lower Shenandoah Valley with Ed Bearss and Jeffry Wert.
- Wednesday/Weekend pagckage begins with a walking tour of the Burning of Chambersburg with Keven Walker.
- Thursday bus tour led by Ed Bearss of “Chambersburg Avenged: The Road to Moorefield.”
- Friday seminars including lunch and dinner followed by our Civil War Auction.
- Saturday bus tour led by Ed Bearss covering the “Annual Invasion: Early’s Raid and the Battle Monocacy”
- Sunday includes an optional tour of the Battle Fort Stevens
“Winchester to Fisher’s Hill”
Join Ed Bearss, Jeffry Wert and Eric Campbell for this weekend seminar and tour.
September 26-28, 2014
- Friday lectures with Ed Bearss, Jeffry Wert, and Eric Campbell.
- Saturday bus tour of 3rd Winchester, Cedar Creek, and Fisher’s Hill Battlefields.
- Sunday will include more lectures by nationally recognized historians.
For pricing information or to request a FREE brochure, please contact Lark Plessinger at email@example.com or 717-264-7101 ext. 206
Thank you to our co-sponsors of Chambersburg Civil War Seminars & Tours